Installing PostgreSQL on Windows
Follow the given steps to install PostgreSQL on your Windows machine. Make sure you have turned Third Party Antivirus off while installing.
- Pick the version number of PostgreSQL you want and, as exactly as possible, the platform you want from EnterpriseDB
- I downloaded postgresql-9.2.4-1-windows.exe for my Windows PC running in 32bit mode, so let us run postgresql-9.2.4-1-windows.exe as administrator to install PostgreSQL. Select the location where you want to install it. By default, it is installed within Program Files folder.
- The next step of the installation process would be to select the directory where your data would be stored. By default, it is stored under the "data" directory.
- Next, the setup asks for password, so you can use your favorite password.
- The next step; keep the port as default.
- In the next step, when asked for "Locale", I selected "English, United States".
- It takes a while to install PostgreSQL on your system. On completion of the installation process, you will get the following screen. Uncheck the checkbox and click the Finish button.
After the installation process is completed, you can access pgAdmin III, StackBuilder and PostgreSQL shell from your Program Menu under PostgreSQL 9.2.